Thursday, July 2, 2009

Roman

Hello Cinemaniacs,

Welcome back. Today I want to talk about a film that included in an earlier post entitled Twisted Tales August 27, 2008. I never really elaborated on the movie and feel the need to do so now.

One Sunday night, I forget the date I was channel surfing as usual looking for something to watch that would keep me interested longer than five minutes.

I turned to the movie channel to a movie named Roman. Roman is written and stars Lucky McKee. Roman is a tale revealing the life of a recluse who longs for companionship, love and happiness. At work he is looked on as a weirdo without a life. He doesn't even own a television.


Roman's life will never be the same after he feasts his eyes upon a beautiful girl next door. She is his fantasy girl. The type a man can't help to long for. His obsession for this young lady leads to a chance visit from this beauty and things go horribly wrong. I don't want to spoil it for you.

There is an inciting incident that kicks this movie into gear. Roman is a great movie i it's own right. Lucky McKee does an excellent job on the script and an excellent job with playing the part of Roman.

I never knew what I was in for when I turned to this movie. It is one of the weirdest love stories that you will ever see. The movie came out in 2006. I didn't get the chance to see it then but I must say that it was definitely worth the wait.

I will definitely be on the lookout for anything that Luck McKee has coming out. I like the way he put this together. He has a new fan in me.

No comments: