Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Poker Club

Hello Cinemaniacs,

It is once again that time we all know and love. Sit back, relax yourself and your mind as i tell you about this movie I watched two weeks ago.

One late night I was channel surfing looking for something to watch. I found myself turning to my last resort after going through all of the cable stations. I have all of the movie stations. But there was nothing on worth watching or worth watching again on.

The ON Demand station is my last resort. So I went through each movie listed. Those known and unknown.

The unknown ones I opened up to read the premise of the film. That is because I want to see if the movie is worthy. I only purchase something off On Demand when I'm intrigued to believe I have to see this movie.

It was getting pretty late as I scanned the list. After going through various movies and reading various premises I started jotting down a list of what I wanted to see.

The Sandman must have been hitting me with his sleepy bat because I was getting weaker and weaker so i set the T.V. to shut off.

The next day I grabbed my list and went to Brooklyn to go see my movie guy in search for the movies I jotted down the night before. I purchased my movies and left out. Then I took a stroll around my old neighborhood.

Being such a reel cinemaniac, I stopped inside of another video store and that's when I fell into a trance. A trance of movie madness. I was deep under now. My eyes scrolling the store shelves jammed packed with all sorts of movies.

I was like a kid at an amusement park with passes to get on all the rides and no lines to wait on at all. My heart was pounding, eyes bulging, mind racing, and I had some decisions to make.

They had so many of the other movies I wanted to see. I was about ready to leave and then I seen it.

The Poker Club.

I already read the premise the other night while scrolling through on demand stations. I copped it and popped it in when I got situated at home.

The movie is about a group of buddies who gather together to play their routine poker game. When a thief breaks in the inciting incident kicks this movie into high gear. I don't want to spoil it for you but this is a good picture.

It has all the right stuff. A good plot packed with a various murders, suspense, fear, what you will and wont do for your family, and a tornado twist that will blow you away.

The Poker Club is definitely a dead man's hand. One that is a quick ride that goes by in a breeze. Check it out at your leisure and let me know what you think.

I am looking to add some new elements to the blog so I want to hear from those of you who read it.

Let me know what you want to see more of in this blog.

Why don't you share a movie that you have seen that you think the rest of us would enjoy seeing.

I am definitely looking forward to your feedback.

Until tomorrow cinemaniacs.

No comments: