Monday, September 22, 2008

What's Love Got to Do With It?

What’s Love Got To Do With It? Everything!

One of the most powerful forces on the planet is love. Love is the undisputed heavyweight champion of persuasive power. Are you in love now? Have you ever been in love before?

Remember how motivated, infatuated and animated you were about the way it made you feel. What about the things it made you do? They say you do silly things when you are in love.

Lord knows I have been there doing some wild and crazy things for love. Things I can laugh about, some I can cry about and others where I question myself in disbelief.

I dedicate this post to my firstborn son Arthur my pride and joy.
It seems like yesterday when I was only seventeen years old and he was born.

Before his birth I was a wild rambunctious teenager in love, but after his birth his existence help transform my life for the better.

Thank God for that. I guess children really are a gift from the Lord. I really understand that statement better than ever before.

I like to sit in Central Park several days out of the week watching the couples walking together and talking together. In my observations I can tell which couples who are sad, angry, coping or settling and the ones who are in love.

The ones who are in love have this glow about them radiating their entire being. The way the couples in love look at each other is different than the way other couples look and interact with each other.

For the past week or so if I could give my life a premise/theme it would have to be LOVE. I say that because everyday my love is being tested for the people and the things closest to me. Love is never out of season.

I thought what better way to start the week than by talking about movies driven by the galactic spaceship LOVE.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Have you ever been there? When your mind just can’t shake that special someone no matter what you do to rid yourself of the memories. I know that I have been there before.

In some cases no matter what you do to remove someone you love from your mind it just does not work. True love never dies and feeling buried alive never die. If you don’t know now you know?


Pretty Woman
I wonder how many hookers watched this flick hoping that they could have a Julia Roberts moment. Only in some cases you can turn a whore into a housewife. Let me stop. This picture was cute.

Claudine
When a hardworking sanitation man links up with a woman with a ready made family of will love conquer his fear to pursuer this relationship deeper? This is a really good picture from the blaxploitation era.

Mahogany
Billy Dee Williams and Diana Ross light up the screen with this gem of a flick. This movie is really good.

Rocky
When most people look at the Rocky franchise they look at it from the boxing standpoint
However, it happens to contain a great love story subplot between a street thug Rocky turned professional boxer and a homely Adrian who is not in touch with her feminine side. If you watch this movie again with fresh eyes it will sweep you off your feet.

Reign Over Me
Adam Sandler’s performance is brilliant. In fact, it is hard to say goodbye to those you love especially when you lose them to tragedy. This movie is a really good one to watch.

An Officer and a Gentleman
This movie plot goes deeper than just a navy boot camp flick. It shows you angles of 2 romantic relationships that two buddies have with two women who are friends. It contrasts three distinct relationships between the navy, romance, and friendships.

What’s Love Got To Do With It? Everything!

No comments: