Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dysfunctional Family

How many of you have dysfunctional people in your family?

I know some of you are not going to answer that truthfully.

What about those who come from a dysfunctional family?

I love my family a great deal; no matter how much I deny coming from a dysfunctional family. It always sneaks upon me taps my shoulder reminding me where I come from.

Today I have been pretty much in a Twilight Zone haze. After receiving a phone call with some news that forever changes my life. I guess alls fair in life, love, movies and everything in between. No it isn’t.

There is just too much stuff going on in my life right now.

A number of things are coming from different angles so I dip, dodge, duck what I can and juggle the rest. I guess what I’m saying is I’m working hard to keep a level head despite this pulsating headache.

I still love my crazy family. The good book says "the truth shall set you free." So I'm free right now.

While we are on the subject of dysfunctional families I want to share some dysfunctional poeple and families I enjoy watching on the silver screen.

Girl Interrupted

Juno

Moonstruck

Little Miss Sunshine

American Beauty

The Planet of Junior Mars

Sideways

The Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Why Did I Get Married?

Panic

Trust the Man

Criminal

Happy Endings

Dan in Real Life


No comments: