Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just When You Thought…

Just when you thought that you have seen it all someone works hard enough to rework an old movie premise and does something completely different with it. Allow me the next few minutes to explain to you what I’m talking about.

I really enjoy watching golden screen gems just to watch the masters work their black and white magic and cinematographic genius upon their viewers.

Alfred Hitchcock happens to be one of my favorites because of what he does with the camera without special effects and all that jazzamatazz we have now.

The other night, while I was bored thinking about going to work the next day I decided to pop in one of the 50 plus DVDs I haven’t had the chance to view yet because my schedule is hectic as a rock star on steroids. No offense.

I decided to watch a movie called KAW. It takes place in a small town that is unexpectedly attacked by Ravens who seem to work together attacking town residents and anything else standing in their way.

Can somebody say doesn’t this sound like Hitchcock’s classic “the Birds?” What I can tell you that it sounds like it but it isn’t.

Just when you thought you heard it all a screenwriter who puts paprika in his script to change the ingredients to a familiar recipe and woos you at the same time.

Kaw is the new school version of the Birds with a different type of twist.

These ravens are on a mission and will not stop at anything to get to some flesh. They say the greatest form of flattery is to copy somebody else’s style.

Well this Hitchcock fan not only did their homework but put together a really good version of their own.

Kaw is definitely something to watch if you haven’t had the opportunity to check it out you might want to do so.

Since this is Halloween week I will be sharing some more horror flicks with you to die for.

Stay tuned cinemaniacs.

No comments: