Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Had the Opportunity…

Hello everyone it's been a long time. I've been so swamped with things. It's good to be sharing with you once again. I just had the opportunity to view some cool movies that I want to briefly elaborate upon.

Martian Child
I really enjoyed this picture because it dealt with an adopted single parent who actually was a widow and in need of a companion. However, it goes much deeper than that. The relationship that the single adopted parent has with the child is uncanny.

The child believes that he is from mars and is a really strange kid with baggage. This makes for a really good heartfelt flick. Sorry I didn’t see it any sooner.

Reservation Road
Tells the story of a family whose life is changed in a moment when their son is killed by a hit and run driver. This movie grabs you from the start with a good script and great performances from its actors. It contrasts two types of families one broken by tragedy the other broken by divorce. Both families will never be the same after the accident and you won’t be the same after you watching it.

Rails and Ties
Is a tragic but good picture in which a mother who suffers from depression from facing cancer and decides she is going to take her life along with her son, who escapes with his life. this movie is really deep. I can’t go into anything else without spoiling it.

So check it out at your convenience. I have a few surprises for you tomorrow.

No comments: