Monday, December 1, 2008

Zombie Diaries

It is good to be back writing. I was away for a few days with my family in Virginia celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday with them. The trip was really cool. I had a blast and wish I could have stayed longer than I did.

I had the chance to spend quality time with my niece who happens to be a whole lot of fun. Not only is this little girl smart with a sense of humor and being very persuasive she has a love for horror movies.

I have never seen a four year old boy or girl who is not afraid of horror movies, but is entertained by them. She asked me to pop in a horror movie uncle as we walked away from the dinner table.

I put on a comedy that made her laugh and she cheered me on more and more after it was finished to put in a horror movie.

I couldn’t believe it. So I grabbed Zombie popped it in. My eight year old nephew was scared of it while my niece chanted out this movie ain’t scary uncle.

I have to agree with my niece. Zombie Diaries was not what I expected even with it’s unique twist that was different from any zombie movie that I’ve ever seen.

Zombie Diaries is two thumbs down.

Maybe I should start sending her movies to critique for me since she is pretty much on point with movies for a four year old. Is this what the horror genre has become? We need some new writers who can scare the devil out of us while keeping us in awe.

No comments: