Wednesday, November 19, 2008

4 The Money

Have you seen the movie Mad Money?

I finally sat around to watch it. For those who haven't seen it.

Mad Money stars Diane Keaton, Katie Holmes and Queen Latifah. I can recall when the movie first hit the theatres. The critics soaring in action faster than a Lockheed F-117 Stealth Nighthawk fighter plane and shot it down.

There reviews basically never even gave the film a fighting chance.

I have to say that the script is crafty, the acting is great and the story builds up to a nice climax with plot twists that you don’t expect.

I’m impressed by Katie Holmes playing a different type of character. She was convincing. Diane Keaton did her thing in this picture. I need to find out who wrote the script for this and check to see if they have any other well crafted movies.

After watching the movie I have to say that it was a very good movie. Mad Money is not your average heist flick. It took a very familiar plot theme that we are familiar with and put women where we usually see men.

Next they took three women for three different walks of life each dealing with their own struggles in life and situations. Mad money made you care about the characters while luring you in.

I don’t want to tell you too much or spoil the movie for you but if you haven’t seen it check it out at your convenience.

No comments: