Thursday, August 28, 2008

Unsung Heroes

Hello my fellow cinemaniacs. It is nice of you to join me for another fine day. I’m sitting here in front of my computer sipping on my Evian listening to Joe’s “What if a woman”.
We are a day closer to Friday and Labor Day weekend. I’m pumped up.

So let’s get this thing started. I’m going to tip my Yankee cap to some people who usually go unnoticed by movie goers. Some go fairly unknown for years.

Today, I salute screenwriters.

The script doctors who create worlds we care about, characters we connect with and good clean enjoyable fun.

So without further or do I now present to you some unsung heroes.

Gina Prince-Bythewood- She is the writer of the critically acclaimed “Love and Basketball” and is married to Reggie Rock Bythewood (Produced and wrote for New York Undercover). Be on the lookout for her new picture “The Secret Life of Bees” that is due out later this year.

Jieho Lee and Bob DeRosa- Co-wrote “The Air I Breathe.” Which is a really good picture that if you haven’t had the opportunity to see it you need to make that happen. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

Scott Frank- Has a string of hit pictures. Here are a few movies that he wrote that you maybe familiar. Here they are the Lookout, the Interpreter, Minority Report, and Get Shorty. He has a comedy coming out entitled “Marley & Me” that is in Post production.

Jeremy Garelick and Jay Lavender- May not be familiar names to you. But I’m quite sure that you are familiar with their work hit comedy “The Break-up” which starred Vince Vaughn and Jenifer Anniston. It is one of the best relationship movies in the past five years.

Christopher McQuarrie-Has skills. He has written one of the most memorable pictures in 15 years of cinematic history. Who can forget “The Usual Suspects?” He has a few up and coming projects coming up.

Thank you for blessing us with stories we enjoy and have grown to love over the years. Keep doing what you do because we appreciate your masterful artistry.

No comments: