Friday, August 22, 2008

REEL CINEMANIAC

How many times have you read a good movie review from a critic that turned out to be false?

I know I have been there more than once.

I recall leaving the bookstore to meet up with my lady and purchasing tickets to see no Country for Old Men. I was so damn mad at myself for sitting there through it that we walked from Lincoln Center back to my place in the 100's by Central Park. Bottom line is I hated the movie. It was the worst movie that I purchased tickets for and sat through its entirety.

It was just so unrealistic.

Javier Bardem has to be the best villian that I have seen in the past 25 years in cinema. Hands down-evil in its darkest sense. You are awesome.

The critics sang praises of the movie as if the Pope was coming to town. I can name quite a few movies of 2007 that were much better than that piece of Coen brothers crap. As far as the Coens brothers go I love a couple of their twisted tales but, this is by far their worst.

I will never classify myself as a critic.

I love movies too much to call myself a critic. Most of these people don't even have creative talent. But make their living critiquing the work of masters who they are not even worthy to stand with in the same room.

I am a reel cinemaniac.

What does that mean to be a reel cinemaniac? It means that I love many different genres of movies in various times and space, I dissect them, expose the good and the bad about them and keep it real. I don't take the sides of directors despite respecting their craft. I call em how I see them.

So buckle up your seatbelts, hold on tight and prepare to get on the thrill ride of a lifetime with a die hard reel cinemaniac. Let's go

1 comment:

Black Wombmyn Chat said...

I look forward to reading your future reviews!