Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No Ordinary Love

Every time I hear the beautiful Sade sing this song I cannot help but think back to the scandalous movie Indecent Proposal. Don’t you?

For those of you who have never seen the movie check it out. But this is not about an indecent proposal. Let’s view the song in detail, then I will very briefly elaborate on these lyrics while allowing them to usher us into our post today.

Sade - No Ordinary Love
This is lyrics from
www.lyrics007.com

I gave you all the love I got I gave you more than I could give I gave you love I gave you all that I have inside And you took my love You took my love Didn't I tell you What I believe Did somebody say that A love like that won't last Didn't I give you All that I've got to give baby I keep crying I keep crying for you There's nothing like you and I baby This is no ordinary love No ordinary love This is no ordinary love No ordinary love When you came my way You brightened every day With your sweet smile

What’s so powerful about the song is it could easily be placed on every films soundtrack that follows. These movies are the kind I hold in the softest place in my heart. They are timeless masterpieces vividly portraying unlimited possibilities in relationships. This is only my short list. Here they are:

The Notebook
Love and Basketball
Love Affair
Love Jones
Keeping the Faith
The Last Kiss
Shallow Hal
True Romance
Bonnie And Clyde
Secretary
Wicker Park
The Holiday
In the Land of Women
City of Angels
Buster & Billie

If by chance you have anymore that you feel should be here please send them to me via post or e-mail. I am working a medium a long and a huge list of romantic movies and all of your help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: