Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just Looking

I was just wondering what I was going to write about today on this Throwback Thursday. I usually go back pretty far when I go back. Today I decided to do something completely different.

They say change is good. I had forgotten all about this movie even though I enjoyed watching it. I had the opportunity to see it several months ago and forgot the name.It is a coming of age movie that is really heartfelt. So without further or do here it is.

Just Looking is a coming of age story about a young teenager named Lenny played by Ryan Merriman. Lenny is from the Bronx and the movie takes place in the 1950's.

As a teenager Lenny's hormones are kicking into high gear and he cannot get sex out of his mind. When he is sent off for the summer to visit his aunt and uncle in Brooklyn he meets some new friends and a new adventure to learn more about sex.

This movie is a good look because it has comedy, family, adult situations, and everything that a young teenager is faced with growing up. It is so close to real life as far as looking at it all through the eyes of a young teenage male.

The movie is narrated by Jason Alexander who plays George on Seinfield. The story plot is good, dialog is rich and acting is really good.

I like it so much that I watched it more than once and would probably watch it again if given the chance.

So until next time Cinemaniacs have the best day that you possibly can and enjoy yourself.

No comments: